No of pax: 4
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
• 2 eggs
• 100ml water
• ½ tsp salt
• A dash of pepper
• 8 fresh prawns, de-shell and devein
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp shao xing wine
• 2 packets of egg tofu
• 2 tbsp BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken
• ½ tsp garlic oil
• ½ tsp light soya sauce
• Spring onion (make into curly style)
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the prawn, tofu and egg mixture
• Marinate the prawns with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp shao xing wine. Mix and set aside.
• Slice the chilled Egg tofu into even 1cm thickness. Assemble in the steaming plate:
• In a measuring cup with 100ml of water, add in eggs, salt and pepper. Give it a good mix.
• Pour the egg mixture through the strainer, into the steaming plate. Cover with clingwrap.
Step 2: Steam the dish
• Once the steamer is hot, place the egg in.
• Steam for 10 mins, remove the clingwrap. Egg must be firm before the prawns can be added in.
• Lay prawns on the steamed egg
• Cover the lid, continue to cook at low heat for another 2 mins until the prawns are cooked.
Step 3: Plating and serve
• Pour garlic oil, light soya sauce and 2 tbsp of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken on the dish.
• Garnish with spring onions