No of pax: 4 - 6 pax
Total time: 1.5 hours
Claypot’s diameter: 12 inch / 30 cm
• 1 can baby abalones
• 1 roasted duck leg, cut into large pieces
• 1 roasted chicken leg, cut into large pieces
• 150g roasted pork, cut into large pieces
• 8 pcs of large prawns, remove the sharp edges and keep the shells on.
• 5 pcs of dried oysters, pre-soak in hot water for 10 mins
• 25g dried scallops, pre-soak in hot water for 10 mins
• 2g black hair moss, rinse and set aside.
• 4 Chinese mushrooms, soak in room temperature water for 2 hrs. Remove the stem, squeeze out the water and set aside.
• 50g fried fish maws, soak in warm water for 30 mins till it becomes soft. Cut into 1 inch size.
• 500g Chinese white cabbage, wash and cut into 1 inch size.
• 8 broccoli florets
• 500g radish, deskin and cut into 1.5 thickness
• 1 large carrot, deskin and cut into any shape
• 1L ready-to-eat chicken stock
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp sugar
• 1 bottle of BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken, add another bottle as desired
• Flour water: 3 tbsp corn starch + 5 tbsp water
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the soup base (1hr)
• In a pot, pour in 1L of chicken stock, abalone water, scallop water, dried oysters, chinese mushrooms, radish and carrots. Boil and bring it down to simmer for 1 hour.
• Add in 1 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp sugar. Adjust to taste.
• Scoop up the ingredients and set aside the soup.
Step 2: Prepare the other ingredients while the soup base is simmering
• In a pot, boil some hot water. Blanch the cabbage and broccoli for 2 mins, drain and set aside. Using the same pot of water, blanch the prawns for about 3 mins.
• In a steamer plate, lay fish maw, roast pork, roast duck, roast chicken and scallop. Steam it for 10 mins to warm up. Set aside.
Step 3: Assemble the Peng Cai (Stop motion)
In a black claypot, lay the ingredients in these sequence:
1) Blanched cabbage
3) Fish maw
Once the claypot is ½ filled, lay the rest in sections in a clockwise pattern:
5) Roasted Chicken
6) Cooked Prawns
7) Roasted Duck Meat
8) Roasted Pork
In the middle of the claypot, lay:
13) Hair moss
Step 4: Final preparation for the soup base and pour over the ingredients
• Reheat the soup. Add in flour water mixture and make it slightly thicker. It should not be too thick.
• Off the fire and pour in 1 bottle of BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken.
• Scoop the soup base over the peng cai ingredients and ready to serve.