No of pax: 4
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
• 350 gm Large green mussels (remove beard and any impurities)
Tomato sauce ingredients:
• ¼ cup of olive oil
• 1 white or yellow onion, chopped finely
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 1 pc dried bay leaf
• 3 pcs sweet basil leaves
• 2 cups of diced fresh tomatoes
• 3 tablespoon of tomato puree
• ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
• ½ cup of chicken broth
• ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
• A dash of fresh ground black pepper
• ½ salt, as desired
• ½ sugar, as desired
• 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken (original)
• Chopped parsley
• Toasted baguette
How to prepare
Step 1: Cook the mussels
• Heat the wok and fry the garlic and onions till brown.
• Add in diced tomatoes, tomato puree, bay leaf, dried thymes, sweet basil leaves and stir fry to mix
• Add in the chicken broth and simmer for 10 minutes.
• Add mussels, cover the lid and simmer for 5 mins.
• Remove the lid, add in salt and sugar to taste.
• Turn off the fire. Add in a bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken (original) and mix into the mixture.
Step 2: Plating
• Place the mussels with the sauce on the plate.
• Garnish with parsley and a baguette by the size.