No of pax: 4
Total time: 1.5 hours
• 500ml ready-to-cook chicken stock
• 4 pcs Chinese shiitake mushrooms, soak in room temperature water for 2 hrs. Remove the stem, squeeze out the water and set aside.
• 50g carrot, deskin and cut into small pieces for the soup
• 100g shredded carrot, to fry the noodle
• 50g radish, deskin and cut into small pieces
• 2 slices ginger
• 50g duck bone
• 50g shredded duck meat
• 4 pcs of medium-sized prawns, remove the sharp edges.
• 4 pcs of baby abalones
• 10 stalks of chinese chives, cut into 2 inch long
• 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken
• Oyster sauce
• 200g Ee Fu noodle
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 4 tbsp of minced shallots
• Cooking oil
• ½ tsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the stock and ingredients
• In a pot, add in chicken soup stock, carrot, radish, chinese mushroom, duck bone and ginger, boil and let it simmer for 30 mins.
• Add in 1 tbsp oyster sauce, ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp sugar. Adjust to taste.
• Remove mushroom from the soup and slice it. Set aside to fry with the noodles later.
• In the simmering soup, add in the abalones. Cook for 3 mins and set aside.
• Add in the prawns. Cook for 3 – 4 mins till the prawn turns pink and set aside.
• Pour 80ml of the stock out and add a bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken into it.
Step 2: Cook the noodle
• In a pot of hot water, add 1 tsp salt. Add in the Ee-fu noodle and cook for 3 mins. Drain the water and set aside.
• In a frying pan, heat up 1 tbsp oil. Add in minced garlic and shallots, fry till fragrant.
• Add in sliced mushrooms, shredded carrots, chinese chives, shredded duck meat. Fry until fragrant.
• Add in Ee-fu noodles, fish sauce, 1 tbsp oyster sauce, ½ tsp sugar, ½ tsp sesame oil. Off the fire and add in 150ml of stock. Give it a good mix, off the heat and let the remaining heat absorb the stock.
Step 3: Plate and serve warm
• On a serving plate, lay the noodles.
• Prawns and abalone