No of pax: 4
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
Total time: 1.5 hrs
• 1 whole fresh chicken, 800g. Rub the chicken with salt and rinsed.
• 100 gm of glutinous rice, soak overnight in the chiller
• 3 pcs of dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in hot water for 30 mins. Remove stem and cut into strips.
• Some salt to marinate the chicken
• ¼ cube of chicken seasoning
Ginseng soup ingredients
• 500 gm chicken stock
• 1 yellow or white onion, quartered
• Korean Ginseng Chicken soup pre-packed herbs, prepare the herbs according to the ingredients on the packaging.
• ½ stalk of leek, sliced diagonally
• 5g of wolfberries
• 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken Cordyceps
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the chicken and glutinous rice
• Rub 2 teaspoon of salt all over the chicken, inside out to marinate. Set aside.
• In a bowl with soaked glutinous rice, add in ½ salt, ¼ cube of chicken seasoning, ½ tbsp sesame oil. Give it a good mix to marinate.
• Stuff the herbs (except for Wolfberries), mushrooms and glutinous rice into the chicken’s cavity.
Step 2: Make the broth while the chicken is steaming
• In the pot, add in some oil. Stir fry the onion until it has caramelized. Pour in chicken soup and add in the stuffed chicken. Place the herb bag into the soup.
• Let it boil and simmer for 45 minutes or longer till the glutinous rice is cooked.
• Add in ½ tsp salt, wolfberries and leeks. Let it simmer for another 5 mins.
• Remove from heat, add in 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps and serve hot.