Cooking time: 45 mins
Total time: 45 mins
• 300g glutinous rice, soak for at least 2 hours and drain out the water.
• 50g smoked shoulder ham, cut into small cubes
• 2 chinese sausages, cut into 2 and soak in hot water. Remove skin and cut into small cubes.
• 4 Chinese mushrooms, soak for 2 hours. Remove stem and cut into cubes
• 50g dried shrimps, soaked in warm water for 5 mins and minced roughly.
• 150 gm of roasted unsalted peanut
• 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken
• 250ml ready-to-cook chicken stock
• 50g dried prawn skin, rinse
• 1 large lotus leaf, soak in water for 25 minutes
• 2 tsp minced garlic
• 4 tsp minced shallot
• 15g dried scallops, soak in water for 30 minutes and drain the water.
• Cooking oil
• White pepper
• 1 tbsp light soya sauce
• Fried slice shallots, for garnishing
• Spring onions, for garnishing
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the lotus leaf
• In a wok with hot water, add in the soaked lotus leaf. Cook it gently till it softens.
• Remove from the pan, use a clean cloth and dry it. Set aside.
Step 2: Fry the ingredients
• Heat up the wok and add in 2 tbsp of oil. Add in chinese sausages and dried prawns. Fry till fragrant and slightly brown and crispy.
• Add in garlic, shallot, mushroom, diced smoked shoulder ham, roasted unsalted peanuts and dried prawn skin. Fry until fragrant.
• Add in the glutinous rice, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp sugar, 1 tsp white pepper, 1 tbsp light soya sauce and chicken stock. Stir fry till it is well blended. Let it simmer until the glutinous full absorbs the stock and it has softened. It is ready when the glutinous rice is ¾ cooked through.
• Off the fire and pour in ⅔ of 1 BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken over the rice and give it a final good mix.
Step 3: Wrap and steam
• In a steam bowl, lay aluminum foil and the lotus leaf. Pour the glutinous rice into the leaf, lay the scallop on top and wrap it up.
• Steam over high heat for 30 mins. Open up the rice, pour in the remaining BEC, wrap it back. Let it stay in the steamer for another 10 mins to soften the rice.
Step 4: Plating
• Garnish with peanuts, fried shallot, spring onion.
• Serve warm.