No of pax: 4
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 2 hrs
Total time: 60 mins
• 500g beef cubes
• 3 carrots, deskin and cut in large pieces
• 1 radish, deskin and cut in large pieces
• 250g fresh swiss brown mushroom
• 1 large yellow onion, cut into large pieces
• 2 russet potatoes, deskin and cut into large pieces
• 1 stalk of leek, cut diagonally into thinner slicers
• 1 tbsp oyster sauce
• 1.5 cup beef stock
• 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
• 3 cloves of garlics, washed and leave as whole
• 1 pc dried bay leaf
• 1 sweet basil leaf
• 2 tbsp tomato puree
• ½ tsp sugar, as desired
• ½ tsp salt, as desired
• 1 bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken
• Baguette, to serve with
• Chopped coriander
How to prepare
Step 1: Season the beef cubes
• Season the beef cubes with 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of black pepper, set aside for 15 mins.
Step 2: Cook
• In a pan, heat up some olive oil. Brown the beef on all sides till brown. Remove from pan and transfer into a pot.
• Use the remaining oil in the pan, fry the onions till it has caramelized. Add in garlic, bay leave, sweet basil leaves and beef stocks, cook till it boils. Pour it into the pot with beef.
• Place the pot on the stove, and add in the following ingredients:
3. Tomato puree
4. Oyster sauce
5. Balsamic Vinegar
6. 2 tbsp sugar
7. Swiss brown mushroom
8. [optional] Add in more beef stock to ensure that the ingredients are full submerged in the gravy.
• Give the ingredients a good mix and bring it to a boil. Lower the fire and let it simmer for 1hr 30 mins.
• Once the time is up, add in leek and potato, continue to simmer for another 30 mins. Add in salt and sugar to taste.
• Off the heat, pour in a bottle of BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken.
Step 3: Ready to serve
• Scoop the beef stew into a bowl and sprinkle some chopped coriander.