No of pax: 4
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
Total time: 1 day 40 mins
• 2 large boneless chicken thighs
• 2 tsp salt
• 2 tbsp shao xing wine
Herbal chicken broth
• 500ml chicken stock
• 10g dansheng
• 10g dangui slices
• 5g red dates, halved
• 10g rock sugar
• ½ tsp salt
• 6 slices of ginger
• 8g wolfberries
• ⅓ cup premium shaoxing wine
• 3 tbsp BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps
• Japanese cucumber, slices
• Red dates
Things you will need
• Aluminium foils for the chicken thigh
How to prepare
Step 1: Prepare the chicken thighs
• Place 1 chicken thigh, skin side down, on a piece of aluminium foil. Sprinkle 1 tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of shao xing wine on the chicken and give it a quick rub to coat the meat.
• Roll up the chicken tightly and wrap it with the foil.
• Once the steamer is heated up, place the wrapped chicken in and let it steam for 20 mins.
Step 2: Make the broth while the chicken is steaming
• Add these ingredients to the pot and simmer for ½ hour:
Chicken stock, dansheng, dangui, red dates, rock sugar, salt and ginger.
• Remove the soup from heat, add in the following and let the broth cool down completely:
Wolfberries, BRAND'S® Essence of Chicken Cordyceps and Shaoxing wine
Step 3: Soak the chicken for 24 hours
• Once the chicken is done steaming, transfer it to a bowl of cold water. Soak for 15 mins till the chicken have completed cooled down.
• Remove the foil and place the chicken in a glass container. Pour the broth over the chicken and make sure that it is fully submerged.
• Lid on and let it soak for 24 hours.
Step 4: Slice the chicken and serve with some cucumber and broth
• Place the chicken roll onto the cutting board and cut 1 - 2cm thickness
• Cut some cucumbers to garnish the plate
• Place the cut rolls onto the plate and drizzle some chicken broth into the plate
• Serve it cold.