• 2 bottles of BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps (68ml)
• 1 pc of chicken thigh (skinless)
• 4 pcs of Dan Sheng (2 inches)
• 4 pcs of red dates (seedless)
• 40-60 pcs of cordyceps flowers (wash & soak in hot water for 10 minutes to remove the impurities & muddy smell)
• 12 pcs of dried mushroom (wash & soak in hot water for 10 minutes to remove the impurities)
• 2 slices of ginger
• 1000ml of water
• 12-15 pcs of Goji Berries
• 1 tsp of olive oil
• 1 tsp of salt
• A little pepper
How to prepare
1. Parboil the chicken thigh in water for 1-2 minutes.
2. Discard the water and rinse away excess fats from the chicken thigh.
3. Put 4 pcs of red dates, 4 slices of dan sheng, 40-60 pcs of cordyceps flowers, 2 slices of ginger, 12 pcs of dried mushrooms and the parboiled chicken thigh into a stewing pot made of glass, corningware or clay.
4. Add 1000ml water into the pot and cook over high heat.
5. When the water starts to boil, switch to low heat and stew for 3 hours.
6. Skim the soup surface to remove excess oil.
7. Add 12-15 pcs of goji berries and 1 tsp of olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
8. Turn off the heat and let the soup steep for 10 minutes.
9. Add two bottles of 68ml BRAND’S® Essence of Chicken with Cordyceps into the soup and stir well.
10. Scoop the soup into bowls and serve hot.